We are looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our Team in Ontario as a full time employee. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to delivering amazing results, someone who is willing to take ownership of their tasks and someone who cares!
You will become an important part of a friendly Team built on collaboration and mutual respect, working with Clients who expect – and also appreciate – good, professional results. We are a boutique agency, which requires flexibility and an ability to wear multiple hats at times, but also comes with the reward of not being siloed and confined to a narrow area of work.
We have not included a seniority level, because this is a creative position with a lot of flexibility. However, we are definitely looking for talent. A good understanding of design tech and software is a must, but you must also be able to create magic using just a pencil or brush and a piece of paper.
We are currently all working from home, organically working together using Asana, Slack and MS Teams. We plan to carry on mainly working from home after the pandemic, with in person Team meetings only as needed and as preferred by the Team. Sometimes it just feels good to sit around a table and chat in person! As such, we are looking for applicants within a 50-mile wide range of the the Toronto - Waterloo line who are able to periodically access our offices, currently based in Toronto, but potentially moving further West.
Your main responsibilities:
- Understanding and then translating Client needs and branding strategies into visual deliverables
- Designing visual concepts using graphic design tools
- Selecting colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts
- Collaborating with art directors, branding experts, front end developers, marketing, content and other professionals to create media
- Articulating and pitching design concepts to Clients, Art Directors and others
Some of the typical design tasks you might encounter:
- Custom illustrations for presentation slides, e-learning courses, social media posts and websites
- Presentation slide layouts and designs
- Compiling moodboards for projects
- Stock photo and video selection in line with creative concept
- Web designs (working with developers and UI/UX experts as needed)
- Animation for short promo videos and banners
- Creating banner and animation size and language mutations based on master version
You must have the following key software skills and experience:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
You are at an advantage if you also have the following skills and experience:
- Animation (Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate)
- 3D (3ds Max or any other 3D software)
- Previous work in the health ecosystem
If you would like to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your professional CV
- A clear indication within your CV or otherwise as to your experience regarding each of the skills listed above
- A link to your portfolio and examples of work
- Your target amount for compensation
- The words "grizzly bear" included somewhere in your application, to show that you have read this :)
Please note that we will only process applications that do contain all of the above!
We appreciate all applications, but will only respond to prospective new team members. Please do not take this as an offence. It is merely an effort to streamline our process. Nonetheless, if you do follow-up, we will gladly provide feedback.